Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Good News And The Bad News

Hi Friends!  It's early and we've already visited the lot to meet the excavator and concrete folks.  Here's the good news, the work is about to begin!  The bad news is, the work has to wait . . . . until the rain stops. 

Here is a picture of the work trucks.  I love seeing work trucks in front of my lot. They're so red and white.  And, my jeep is so blue.  You can put that together and see where I'm heading here.  lol.  But it is a grand sight!


This is the meet-up before shooting the grades. Look how blustery it is outside the car, and that's why I'm taking photos with my phone, from inside. Uh huh.  That's right.


I'm sure the guys were talking about something work related but it looks like a prayer huddle to me.  Prayer is needed, there's no doubt about it.  Both for sunshine, and for the excavators because this lot has a rather crazy drop off in the back (remember the culvert?)  

And now for the equipment.



Let's put this here.


And let's put it here.  And, done!  

 It's starting to rain again.  See the splatters on the windshield.  Brrrrrr.  No worries, though, I have warm coffee inside the car with me.  Ron looks chilled.  He should hurry, but he doesn't because after the men are finished they stand around and chew the fat for awhile.  The following is part of the conversation that I overheard;

Guy in grey:  Do you drink beer?
Ron:  Sometimes
Guy in grey:  We have some good breweries here.  You have to try out such and such a place (didn't hear the name).  
Guy in grey lights up a fat brown cigarette.
Guy in shorts to guy in grey: where did you get that?
Guy in grey;  Dominican Republic. Everyone's getting their tobacco from the Dominican Republic these days.  
Guy in shorts:  A friend of mine is getting his from (I didn't hear this part). 
Discussion ensues about good tobacco these days.  
More discussing goes on and oh, yes, the excavator was thrilled to see water on the property already. 

Meanwhile . . . .I'm waiting in the car, drinking coffee, watching the rain come down and I'm ready to go back so I can download the pictures, and post this update.  Hope you enjoyed it.  Have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment