Saturday, October 22, 2016

What Is He Doing?



Hi Friends.  We've had rain, thunderstorms, and a new direction on color but none of these things is slowing down Ron the Builder.  Here he is, hard at work, cutting and laying pavers in the driveway and up by the house.  



We chose pavers as a way to help break up the concrete, and also because it was a third the cost.  The driveway looks great, and all of those little sticky-uppy bricks?  They are being cut to fit into the ends.  They are not a decoration, though they look really neat and in they look just like they are meant to decorate the edges.  It would be very difficult to drive over them so we're laying them flush with the concrete.    



This is a sideview of the driveway.  Ron is an artist, I'll tell ya.  



He's using some kind of special rubber mallet to help compact the brick together.  Or is that cobble the brick together.  hmmm . . . . I like cobble.  Cobble it is.  Oh, guess who's shadow?  Yep.  And I did more then take photos.  I actually got my hands dirty and carried brick to various places along the borderland.  I should have worn gloves though, and boots.  It was muddy from all the recent downpours of rain we've had.  Now my hands are rough and my shoes can be thrown away.  Don't worry, they were old.  






While Ron is working outside, the house is drying from a first coat of mud and tape, inside.  



And, I don't want to forget to mention that we now have some inside doors hung.  This one goes out to the garage.  





And this photo just makes me sigh as I see more and more how this house is going to look when it's finished.  Every week I get more excited.  The flooring is picked out and being ordered, the cabinets are coming, the trim work will be ordered soon.  Have I left anything out?  Oh, bathroom fixtures.  Yes, those have not been decided on yet.  Easy peasy though.  Just a walk around my favorite lumber and things box store, and I'll have them in a jiff.  

So, I hope you enjoyed catching up with us.  Thanks so much for stopping by, giving suggestions, being excited for us, etc.  We appreciate you all.  Have a great weekend!  Love ya!  


No comments:

Post a Comment